Our House Echos

Does your house echo? Well, it would if it was half empty. Which is the state we're living in right now: A half-empty house. Since I last updated you here Mike made a couple more trips down to North Carolina, taking the trailer full of things with him. Everything in our house in Ohio is either something we thought we'd need over the course of a month or something that won't be going to North Carolina with us.

It's kind of a weird place to be. We have our feet in two places. But the light is at the end of the tunnel. We listed our Ohio house for sale at the beginning of April. It went active on a Monday afternoon, we had 3 showings on Tuesday and two offers by Wednesday morning. We have to be out by June 9th, but the plan is to pack up and go as soon as the kids are done with school on May 31st.

As you can imagine, we've had a lot going on lately!

Personally, the biggest news besides moving is that I finished school and graduated on Sunday! Woo-hoo! I am happy to share that I am part of the newest group of Computer Graphics Artists! It's been quite a journey! Can you tell? I just can't get enough of the exclamation points!!!! :P

Mom, Dad, Jamie, and Asher joined Mike and the kids at my graduation. I was filled with so much emotion thinking about the twisty, winding road I took to get here and how these people have been with me through it all.





I also had the pleasure of joining Jared and his fellow 5th graders along with some of their parents in running a 6K to help raise awareness of the plight of many people in our world who struggle every day to get clean water. Often these people have to walk the equivalent of a 6K to find water that is often contaminated, shared with sometimes dangerous wildlife.


The week before graduation I accompanied Mike to the North Carolina Dental Society's annual meeting in Myrtle Beach. We had a booth there more for Mike to meet other people in the dental industry than the dentists, dental students, and hygienists who come to the conference. It was a lot of sitting around being bored but successful in that Mike made quite a few contacts with dental suppliers and other people in the industry. And I got to show off a little of my design work with his logo, sign, and info cards. Not that I told anyone. :) But it was still fun to see.

I sent the kids a picture of this crazy thing the first night we were there. It wasn't the only one in attendance. Apparently, this is how we all look when we're sitting in the dentist's chair. This display was right next to our booth and people sat there all day trying out different gadgets on this poor guy. Ha!
Of course, you can't go near the beach and not go to it. We didn't have to be at the conference until 11 the first morning we were there, so I took full advantage of pretty much the only hour it didn't rain and went for a quick run on the beach. That will never get old. 
 Here I am being sneaky and trying to get a picture of Mike's logo on the sign and on my shirt! How professional!

And now that all that other craziness is done, we are starting to pack. A week and a half and everything we've planned for over the last two years will come to fruition. We are all excited and scared and hopeful and overwhelmed all at the same time. But we are ready for this new adventure!

Comments

Post a Comment