Six Months in North Carolina!

Well, I might be on a quarterly blog schedule now. Time is flying! In fact, we celebrated living in North Carolina for 6 months on December 2nd. It's crazy how it sort of feels like we've just been here forever. I'm sure that has something to do with all our trips here before we actually moved, but I also think God has just been good to make this place HOME.

Honestly, that's all I got on here to say, but since it's been a while, maybe I'll try to do a quick recap of the last few months.

In October we made a quick trip to Ohio to celebrate my mom's retirement. Forty-three years at one job! She's pretty amazing! Mike and I immediately put her to work when she and dad came down the next week to watch the kids so we could take a quick trip. While Mike and I were out of town Hurricane Michael (what was left) blew through and the kids had a few days off of school to enjoy with Grandma and Grandpa!


Later in October Mike's sister and her 10 kids stopped by for a quick visit. It was so fun to see them and show them around our new home! 


We spent Thanksgiving in Florida with Mike's family. Everyone was there except his brother and his 3 kids. We missed them for sure but enjoyed so much time with the rest of the family and even aunts, uncles, and cousins! Since we were all together some of Mike's family helped me surprise him with a 40th birthday party. This picture is Mike's immediate family minus his brother and 1 niece and 2 nephews. My kids have 15 cousins that live in Florida and they had so much fun together!


Last week we kicked off December by taking The Great Raleigh Trolley to see Christmas lights and even visit the North Pole! The kids were not impressed with Santa, but at least they let me get this picture!

We finished up last week with 3 separate band and chorus concerts followed on Saturday by the Holly Springs Christmas parade where Corban and Sydney both marched.


Over the weekend Raleigh saw its first snow in December since 2000. The kids had Monday and Tuesday off of school and a 3-hour delay on Wednesday. If you're counting, I think that puts us at 5 hurricane days and 2.5 snow days this school year and we aren't halfway through December. I think we might have brought Ohio's crazy weather with us.

We were able to get family pictures done in November. We've been so busy with activities and trips and I've even been working a little that I wasn't sure I'd actually get Christmas cards out this year. But I did! They are in the mail! Now I just have to finish wrapping presents, maybe do a little more shopping, and get ready for Jared's 12th birthday this Saturday!

Comments