It's (House) Hunting Season

We found ourselves back in the Raleigh area again last week. The kids had Thursday and Friday off of school, so we left home Wednesday evening and came back Sunday.
Jared had seen snow flurries at school last Tuesday, so when I woke up to run near our campground Thursday morning and saw this:
I thought my heart might burst. What a beautiful day we had.


All day long... 

I feel you also need to know what it's like to travel with Katy. We call her the constable because she's always keeping her eye on things and making sure everyone is behaving. She doesn't even play at dog parks because she's too busy bossing (or herding) the other dogs. 

Our main goal this trip was to meet with our realtor. We actually spent time with her on both Thursday and Friday and looked at quite a few homes. House hunting is not something I ever thought I'd do much of since Mike has built both our other homes. On one hand it really helped fill out the picture we had in our minds of the houses we've been looking at online. On the other hand, it has thrown both Mike and I for a loop considering living in a house that (a) someone else built and (b) someone else might have lived in. We are looking at new homes, too, but that's even harder on Mike because he really wants to build our home. He just simply doesn't have time. So, we left North Carolina with a lot to think about. Our goal is to have a house probably by sometime between January and March. We do feel like we have some great options in our price range and we have narrowed down the neighborhood we are looking at a little more definitively. That's a good feeling, but we came back with our heads spinning.

So, besides dreading the cold that makes my fingers hurt, it was really good to see this sign once again: 

Mike is still back and forth for work, but I don't think the kids and I will make the trip again until possibly over Christmas break. 

Comments