Squeezing a little more fun out of Summer

I just can't believe school is starting next week! Our summer has been the busiest one I can remember and it absolutely flew by. I feel the need to wring every drop of fun out of what time we have left. So, I'm keeping this post short and simple!

First, I wanted to share with you a little house update. We have grass planted out front - and what's there almost needs cut! It's pretty spotty because we had a lot of rain the week after it was planted which washed quite a bit of the seed away. But it almost looks like real, live people live at our house.

I also found the table runner I've been looking for. It's hard to tell in this picture, but it's burlap, which matches the burlap that the kids' pictures are hanging from. I even found a literal, "window box" at the same store, an adorable place called One Vintage Lane, which I added a topiary to for the perfect, simple centerpiece. Other than adding curtains, which I'm not sure I want to do, one room is officially decorated the way I had in mind. Woot!

Every summer Corban's kindergarten class has a reunion. Last week we met at a park once again. Many of the kids couldn't make it this year, but Corban had fun with his friend Kendall. Kendall brought his fishing pole and even caught a couple fish. What more could boys want?


This past Saturday we once again attended the Lifebanc Gift of Life Walk and Run in memory of TJ. Mike and I ran our first 10k. I can't believe I did it! Two years ago I couldn't run a mile without my knee doubling me over in pain.

We joined TJ's family, Tim, Mary and his sister Shana and her family in the Memory Garden:

We had planned to go swimming on Tuesday but Ohio weather did not cooperate so we headed instead to the London Chocolate Factory and took a tour. And had lots of samples. Yum!! And to make the day a little more special, we ended up running into two kiddos we know. Their mom is a good friend of mine. She's also a teacher at our kids' school, so she was at the school getting her room ready while her in-laws took the kids for the day. Her son, Nathan, and Jared were born on the same day so they've been buddies their whole life. Jared was so happy to see him!


Comments