Smorgasbord

Smorgasbord. I don't even know if that's spelled correctly. That's what one of our neighbors when I was growing up told my mom to call leftovers night. It sounds fancier. Well, I think right now it can describe our life. I feel like we are grabbing at summer for all it has left. And summer is dwindling! There is less than two weeks until school starts here. I might be more upset about this than my kids. Or two weeks might still sound like an eternity to them. Oh, to be young!

So, since we've had such a smorgasbord of life, I have no better title and no better way to prepare you for the pictures I have to share this week. Hang on tight because you might get whiplash! 

We had the 6th Annual TJ Sommers Memorial Tournament a few weekends back. It rained. God still showed up BIG. Because He Is. 

The kids had a blast riding their bikes through the mud, though. Here, Jared is riding with one of his buddies from school who's parents always help out at the tournament. They are both little guys and with their matching shirts I thought they could almost pass for twins. So cute!

Here was a quick picture I snapped of Corban and Jared doing their summer bridge work (yes, I am that mom) out on our new porch swing. You're almost wishing you had bridge work so you could sit there, too, aren't you? 

The circus came to town! I didn't get too many pictures this year. We met our friends the Shrocks and the Millers there and the kids all took a ride on an elephant. More cuteness!

Mike's brother's 3 kids got baptized last weekend and we were so blessed to be there. Love these kids! These are all the local Sommers cousins. There are 13 more (and one on the way!) down in Florida. We wish they were closer.

After we had dinner with the cousins we headed over to Mike's grandparents' house for a quick visit.These two are leaving quite a legacy 

Comments