Crazy Cousins

When I think of cousins, I think of Mike's family. He has so many cousins we've lost count. It's somewhere in the 50's, at least. Me? I have two cousins. They grew up in California, so more than just a couple years of age separated us.  But in a very rare treat, my cousin Sam brought her two kids for a visit a couple weeks ago. We crammed all we could into those two weeks.

First we took them to the Akron Zoo.
 I was a little worried that my kids would be too shy or nervous about meeting someone new. I have no idea why I was nervous. They all clicked immediately and were a tight group the whole time they were together. It was so sweet to see!
My brother's boy, Gabe, came along, too. 
L-R: Gabe, Sydney, Jeremiah, Jared, Corban and Bella


 I took Sam and her kids to the McKinley Museum the following week. Again, the kids had an absolute blast together.
 Every year my Uncle Steve and Aunt Trish have a 4th of July party at their house. They have a team of mules that they hook up and give rides with. It was so great having Sam here with us this year!

 We also took them to The Farm at Walnut Creek where Jared had his field trip at the end of school. It was quite an adventure! One of the horses that pulled our wagon was not a happy camper that day and we needed some extra help for the driver to keep him calm. But, we made it!


 Here I am with my brother and Sam. The only cousin missing is Sam's brother Joe. We missed you, Joe!

Comments