Snow Days

Lots and lots of snow days. That is how I would sum up these 5 weeks we've had since we moved and the kids "went back to school." 

I don't have much to update, but I thought I'd give a quick one anyhow. Things have somewhat gotten to a new normal around here. We are still working on getting things where we want them, installing and hanging up everything from light fixtures to toilet paper holders to mirrors. We haven't gotten around to hanging up any pictures yet, so while it feels like home, we're not quite there yet. But we have time. Although it somehow doesn't feel like we have much time. Corban is in his second session of indoor soccer this winter and the Spring Semester of Wednesday nights at church is in full swing. I'm leading a small group as the women go through Ephesians. Studying and preparing for that is enjoyable, but definitely takes some good preparation. I am also already planning my first (and a second, mini) Stamp Camp for the end of this month. Busy, busy!! So, I thought I could quickly share some pictures just for smiles. :)

Jared finally got to dig in to some more of his birthday gifts (which reminds me of one more thing I'm behind on - his thank-you cards! Ack!). This one he got to literally dig into - a gem dig. He had so much fun hammering and chiseling into the block to find the little gems. This was so fun to me because it felt so normal. We were all just hanging out at home together with enough time that Jared could do this. And I took pictures because I know I'll have time to scrapbook this memory! Ahhh. It feels so good to be home.

These snow days are really making it hard to get into a good routine and they are really messing with me trying to get some things done. But, honestly I can't complain about having the kids home more, either. What an interesting year this has already started out to be. Mostly it's been too cold for them to play outside, but last week it was warm enough and nice enough outside to send the kids out. It's so great to be able to just let them go outside and play and not worry about them being near a road. They went waaayyy out back and built their first snowman at this house. I couldn't get any good pictures from the nice, warm kitchen, so Mike went out there with my camera. What fun family moments! And, to be fair, I was out earlier. We got to traipse all through that brush out back. We have a little stream that runs through it, which hadn't frozen over. It was neat to see it and all the animal tracks out there. There are lots of prickers and poison ivy that will need cleaned out come spring though.





Comments