It's beginning to look a lot like a home!

The kids were so excited as we drove up to the house the other day and they finally got to see some siding on the house. Jared yelled, "It finally looks like a real house!" We are all getting excited as we are seeing some real progress. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.

The kids love being able to play at the house - both outside and inside. Even the basement has become a fun playground.

We have drywall! Now we are really getting a feel for how the rooms fit together. Here are the kids in front of the fireplace, where I'm sure I'll be taking pictures of them for years to come. 

Here the kids are standing in the kitchen in what will be the island that is connected to a short half-wall. I am sure they will spend many hours eating and doing homework and catching me up on their day here at the bar. 

Another photo op place - the front door! We won't be able to paint the door until the spring, probably. And now there's siding there. But I love that we'll have these memories of what's underneath it all. 

And here's the siding - the house! The siding guys ran out, so there will be a little more gray on the front by the window in the middle of the second floor the the windows on the right. The "tower" is white board and batton.

The following four pictures are a spin around my office/craft room. I'm so excited!





These little windows let some nice light into a room in the basement. Mike made these white frames to go around them. The kids wrote their names on the back of three of the frames and I snapped this picture so we can always remember this. 

Excuse the fuzzy picture. I was using my phone camera and the lighting was poor. The kids are being silly at the top of the steps near their play room. 

Comments

  1. Cheryl, it is incredibly beautiful. I am so happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's coming along great! I can't wait to see the final product. Seeing yours makes me excited to start ours next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, thank you!

    Jodi, Thanks! I am so excited to see yours, too! :) I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment