Another Floor! It looks like Home.

It's about time for an update! Sometimes I think this "little project" is flying and sometimes it feels like it's moving at a snail's pace. Either way, there is progress every time I stop out at  the house. And that's a big change. Somewhere in the last few weeks we have switched from saying, "out at the land" to "out at the house". Yay!

The second floor is now on. The kids did their Friday "Home Sweet Home" picture, with a photo bomb courtesy of Mike. Here they are standing in what I call the Play Room, but Mike calls the Telescope Room. For no other reason than it's higher than all the other rooms. Although I think he might be hoping it will give him a reason to get a nice, big telescope to look at the stars. Which will be so much easier out in the country. We are really excited about that!

The roof is on over the house. We still need a roof over the front porch and Mike is working on the bonus room over the garage that will be his office. It's mostly cut rafters, so it requires a little more detail work.
 If you squint you can see Sydney and Jared standing above my side of the garage. And if the camera was turned around you would see me having a heart attack.
 Here are the kids last Friday sitting at the top of the steps on their floor. The room behind them is Corban's room. I am standing in my craft room below. You can see how the steps go up and turn. So fun! And, if you look on the left side of the picture you can see the extra couple of stairs that go up to the "Telescope Room". Mike is building us a really cool home, for sure. Also, the window straight ahead is my kitchen window. Love that view!
 Here, each of the kids are peeking out of their bedrooms. I think this is my favorite picture so far!
Are these stairs cool or what? Mike added these stairs at the last minute. They lead from my laundry room up to his office above the garage. That way he won't have to go outside to get to his office.




Comments