Last Minute Adventure

The kids had Spring Break last week. I usually try to do some fun things with the kids. We are total home-bodies, so it's not usually anything too big. I do like to try to take them to a zoo or museum when we have some time together. Since Mike is so busy right now and things aren't looking to get much better I suggested that he take a day off and go with us, maybe spend the day in Cleveland or Pittsburgh visiting a bigger zoo or museum than we have in our area. Well, Mike likes to take things and run with them. So he asked me if I'd like to go somewhere for a day or two. It took me a little while to get on board, but I came around. We ended up visiting the Creation Museum. I'm so glad we did! We left Friday morning and got there around lunch time. After asking for advice on our visit on Facebook, one of my friends called and told me they had been thinking about going, too! So, we decided to meet up. They left a little after we did, so we met up at the end and went to dinner together. Our kids all go to school together, so they were excited to see friends, too! What a fun time we had! Then we stayed the night which was another highlight, since what's better than a hotel pool when you're 9, 7 or 6 years old?! The tickets for the museum are good for two days, so we went back the next morning and saw some of the things we didn't have time for on Friday. What a great choice Mike made. We never felt rushed and we really got to just enjoy all that time together as a family. I'm so thankful I have him around to pull me out of my comfort zone!

The museum has a nice garden and petting zoo. Notice Corban is not the picture. This camel was quite friendly and Corban was being his usual cautious self. Gotta love that boy! Just like his mom!

Meeting up with Patrick (next to Sydney), Izzie and Nicole (next to Jared & Corban)

Photo-op on a dinosaur. Who has the personality in the family????

Here are some other pictures of the camel. It liked to come right up to the fence and lean over. I think it would have come right out to play with the kids if it could. Sydney seemed to have no idea such a giant animal was standing over her. She just wanted to pet it. Again and again...

And here is a peacock that added just a bit too much bleach to it's last load of laundry. Ha! :)

Comments