Father-Daughter Dinner & Dance

DSC_0002

Last night Sydney and Mike had a date night. She was so excited she even asked me to buy her a new outfit. Well, I didn’t buy her a new outfit but we did spend a little time picking out just the right earrings and curling her hair. Before they left I remembered to take a quick picture. I was all the more happy I did when Mike told me today that he didn’t even think to take one picture with his phone.

This date night is put on by our church’s Wednesday night girls’ programming called Chayil. All proceeds went to the Dalit Freedom Network.

Mike and Sydney shared a dinner of which Sydney was most impressed by the croutons in her salad and the potatoes. Then, much the Mike’s chagrin, the rest of the evening was filled with dancing. This was Sydney’s favorite part. Mike said it lasted 2 hours. Sydney was so tired she sat on Mike’s lap for quite a while but insisted on staying and even got back up to do more dancing. I think this was a very special night that neither of them will forget for a long, long time.

Comments