Easter Preparations

Yesterday Corban’s class had their Easter Party. I hadn’t thought much of it since Sydney and Jared are home and they aren’t allowed to come into Corban’s school. But, if you’re a parent, you know how important it is to your kids to come to their parties. So, when Corban asked if I could come for his party, Mike was kind enough to offer to watch Sydney and Jared so I could go to Corban’s school. And I am so thankful Mike allowed me this time with Corban. I loved the look on his face when he saw me walk into his classroom! That alone made it all worthwhile.

Doesn’t he look happy?!

DSC_0001

I love my little man!

DSC_0002

Yesterday I thitnk we had a Sommers Family First: We colored eggs several days before Easter! I can remember years where we didn’t color eggs at all or ended up coloring them the evening of Easter. I don’t know why I can never get my act together. But, we were on the ball this year! And the kids had so much fun!

DSC_0014

I thought this was cute: Mike used my heat tool that I use in card making and scrapbooking to put the shrink wrap on the eggs. Mommy’s “tools” come in handy a lot more than you would expect! Smile

DSC_0015

Easter is probably my favorite holiday. The reminder of the whole reason Christ came and walked this earth for us is brought home as we spend the Easter season reflecting on the fulfillment of God’s promise, the fullness of His grace and His faithfulness to pursue us to the ends of the earth.

I am floored that the creator of the heavens and the earth loves me so much that he would sacrifice his son in my place, to pay the debt I owe yet could never pay, so that I can have eternal life with Him in paradise.

Comments