Fall Soccer

I keep thinking that with each season change things will start to slow down. And I keep being wrong! LOL This year Corban asked to play soccer. We didn't sign him up in the spring because he was playing T-ball and those two schedules together would have given me a headache (although I know people who did it! Crazies! LOL). So, he's playing fall ball. And we also found out that some of Sydney's friends were playing, too, so we signed her up as well. Jared is feeling very left out and has been asking how long it will be until he can play. Then our schedule really will be insane!
Corban played soccer two years ago and didn't seem all that interested in it, which is why we went with baseball for a couple years. I have no idea what we'll do next year. Well, in two years time he seems to have improved quite a bit and loves the game! I think it helped that he joins a bunch of boys who play soccer at recess most days. Here is Corban playing goalie for the first time. It cracked me up to see him out there with those huge gloves on and I could tell it took him a bit to get used to them as well. But, he had fun!

Here he is celebrating with a team-mate after scoring one of his two goals in their first game this season. I think Corban is hooked!

Sydney was another story all-together. I think she was having an off morning or something, but the girl absolutely refused to play or move on the field during her first practice. She really knows how to push her daddy's buttons and he was getting pretty frustrated with her bad attitude. Finally, I suggested that Mike take Corban and Jared to an empty field and practice soccer with them. With Daddy gone, Sydney finally put a half-hearted effort into practice and actually did really good staying with the ball! When she tried, she was more into the game than Corban was the first time he ever played! So, there is hope for her yet. Some time during the next week her attitude changed and she is very excited now about playing soccer. However, I usually catch her sitting or even laying in the field at one point or another during games and practice and just last week she stopped playing to pick a flower. She's so Sydney, that's all I can say about that!

Comments