Our newest adventure

Reading!
Corban is now reading! I knew he had been trying for quite a while but it is finally 'clicking' for him. Now, each month for school, we have to tally up his minutes read each day for Book-It. I am so excited that he is doing this! I remember doing Book-It when I was a kid and getting so excited to go out for my own pizza at Pizza Hut! And now it's Corban's turn.
But you know the really fun part? Just sitting there hearing him read! He especially loves Dr. Seuss books right now and those are so fun I often grab them after he's done and read them out loud again. I know, I'm a goof. :) But I have always loved reading, getting out of my own world and into a whole new world in my imagination. I am so happy that Corban is finally having the same opportunity. I don't know why I never before thought of this as such a major milestone but now that we're here, it feels like he's finally learned to walk again!

Comments