Months of the Year Parade

Yesterday the kindergartners at Corban's school had a Months of the Year parade. Each child had a month assigned to them and they had to dress in an outfit that represented something about that month. What a great way to learn about the months and the significance of each. As you can tell, Corban's month was April. You would have thought that would be an easy month for me to help him get ready for since my birthday is in April. But, no. I had a total brain freeze. Thankfully my friend Jessica was super helpful and suggested he dress for the rain. April showers bring May flowers, after all! Ironically, it *always* rains on my birthday. Even if it's just a little sprinkle there is always rain. And sometimes snow. Most days I don't like it when it rains, but when it rains in the spring very often the sun comes out afterwards. That is one of my all time favorite things in life: Seeing the streets looks so golden, reflecting the sun, after a refreshing afternoon rain. It just takes my breath away. So, as you can see, Corban is all ready for a good April shower! Sadly, he told me when I picked him up, he forgot his "April" sign and his umbrella in his backpack when they went to chapel. That's where they started their parade and Corban wasn't sure if he was supposed to bring his props along. However, he did say that some people still knew what month he was representing. And I'm sure they all had lots of fun while learning, which is the most important part!

Comments