Jared's Party

As any parent to a December baby will tell you, it's hard making a birthday so close to Christmas seem special. Everyone knows things are crazy around the holidays. That is especially how I felt this year. Mike and I talked Monday night (the day before Jared's birthday!) about what we could do to make Jared's birthday special and not allow it to get lost in the shuffel. I knew Mike was going to run to Target and get Jared one more thing because I'll be honest and say that we were robbing from his Christmas presents this year. This whole season has practically gotten away from me! But unknown to me, Mike added a few more things to his cart for Jared! After Mike got home and while I was making Birthday Pancakes (I added M&Ms to make them special. The kids don't eat much right now but pancakes are something I know they'll eat and we can have fun with them), we sent the kids upstairs so we could decorate. Mike bought streamers and balloons and Mickey Mouse plates and napkins to get us in the party mood. And if you know Jared, well, he probably likes balloons even more than he likes leaves (and he really, really likes leaves), so this was one special evening for him.

He was so excited to come downstairs and see the balloons all over the place just for him!

A boy holding a string attached to a balloon = one very happy boy!

Jared blowing out his candles...

Wait, what?!

Ok, that's not cool!

Sydney and Corban stepped in to help when we all realized Daddy had also bought trick candles. Please forgive my cake! I have shared before that this is definately a skill I am lacking!

Uncle Mike and Cousin Gabe came over for cake and ice cream, too!

And of course Grandma and Grandpa Arteno came to celebrate also!
HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY, JARED!!!

Comments