The Things They Say

It's been a while since we've had a "The Things They Say" post, so I thought I'd share a few things I've heard around here lately.

Corban: "The Cafetarian wanted me to tell you she said hi." It took me a minute to figure out what he meant but I had to chuckle when I did. If you think about it, when you are new to the whole school routine and you are learning that there are many more people at school than just teachers it could be a little overwhelming. If you have met the librarian it seems quite logical that the lady giving you food in the cafeteria would be a cafetarian. How cute!

Sydney: Her new favorite word is, "sure!" But when she says it, it comes out sounding a little more like, "shore". And she often says it twice. Some examples:
Me: Sydney, would you like some dessert?
Sydney: Shore shore!
Me: Sydney do you want to wear your princes pajamas?
Sydney: Shore!
Me: Sydney are you ready to go to preschool?
Sydney: Shore shore!
Oh what joy for life this child has!

Jared: Well, right now it's not so much what he's saying as how he's saying it. He seems to be so much more talkative and conversational about things than I remember Corban being. I think Jared has learned to be more talkative from his sister. :) But, one of the cute things I think he's said lately was when I accidentally called him 'Boo' which is our nickname for Corban. I said, "Oops! You are so much like Corban that I guess I called you Boo!" Usually Jared, who totally looks up to his big brother likes to hear us tell him that he is like Corban but that day he looked at me with furrowed eyebrows and said, "I'm different!" And I am so thankful! Each one of them is a perfect piece of the puzzle that is our family. Praise God!

Comments