A Family Night Out

Mom had the opportunity to buy discount tickets to an Akron Aeros game last Friday, so we all made it a family affair. My mom and dad were there, of course and my brother brought his son and his friend along with her son. My Dad's parents and sister in law also came. Corban and Sydney and Jared loved seeing Grandma and Grandpa out like that and wouldn't leave them alone! I'm not sure how much of the game Mom and Dad even got to see until we left! My grandparents, in the background, obviously knew how to concentrate on the game. :)

As soon as we sat down Jared had to go to the bathroom, of course. I think Mike spent half of the night with one kid or another in the bathroom. Corban saw a boy a few rows ahead of us who had one of those giant hands - well, in this case they were claws, and he wanted one so badly. I kept telling him, "no" because as a mom I see what will happen: All 3 kids will want their own, there will be arguments and/or tears and then they will bring the claws home, where they will take up space and get ripped apart all over my house. Well, wouldn't you know when Mike brought Jared back, Jared was sporting a giant claw. Corban started crying so Mike had to take him and buy a claw. Sydney started crying also, so they came back with 2 more claws. I am sure all the people who sat behind us were not impressed. But, the kids were.

The kids are fairly sure they are the center of their grandparents' universe.
Corban had a great time!

Comments