The Zoo, Part 2

As I was going through our pictures (all 214 of them!) I realized that most of the pictures I have are of a whole lot of backs! I suppose it's not surprising that the kids were too busy looking at the animals to turn around and smile for the camera. But I think this stair-step picture of Jared, Sydney and Corban is just too cute.

It's hard to tell in this small picture but the black blob between Sydney and Corban is a bear looking right back at them. I'm not sure who was more curious about the other.

For some reason these camels were one of my favorite animals. I guess I never thought much about how a camel sleeps, but to see them snuggled up next to each other with the one camel's head on the ground was so adorable! Soon after this someone with a pop bottle made a really loud noise and up popped the camels head! Then they rubbed heads together (I have no idea what that was about, but it sure looked like cuddling to me) and I just thought these seemed like the most tender animals. I'm probably way off base, but I just appreciated it so much.

We stood and watched the camels for quite a little while. It was so peaceful back there. Once again, I just got a picture of everyone's backs. The real story in this picture is the wagon. No more strollers! What a huge difference! It was nice, though, to be able to pull all 3 in it if they got tired and it also made it easy to quickly pull a kid out so they could see the animals. I may miss my babies, but this was so much fun with slightly older kids!

Another reason I didn't get too many pictures of Corban's face: His new binoculars. He spent some of his birthday money when we were in the gift shop on these sweet babies. I think he got his money's worth because they were in front of his eyes about 90% of the time!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you guys had a good time even with Jared's little mishap!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment