We made it to the zoo!

For a while there, I wasn't sure we were going to make it! This summer has been crazy busy but not in your typical summer-busy way. We haven't even been swimming yet! :( We decided this also isn't the year for vacations. When we decided that we figured we would do little weekend things and make staying around home a lot of fun. Well, it hasn't exactly turned out as we planned. We have been trying to find time to get to the zoo since May. Nice, huh? So, finally, we decided to just skip church and make a day of it.


We got up Sunday morning and headed to one of Mike's favorite breakfast spots for a quick breakfast on the way. When we were all done eating Mike took the kids to the bathroom. Yes, Mike does this nasty chore for me. He is the best husband ever. And, if you know me and my germ issue, you would understand. If I saw the things my kids touched in the bathroom (basically anything) then I wouldn't be able to touch them the rest of the day. But, what I don't know won't hurt me! So, this has become how we deal with it. Well, I sat there at the table waiting for my family to come back. And I kept waiting. And waiting. FINALLY they came out and Jared was crying. Uh-oh. You know this isn't a good thing. Mike just said, "Don't pick him up" and we quickly paid and left. Outside Mike was finally able to tell me what happened. When they got into the bathroom apparently a urinal had a bad valve and the water was stuck on and was overflowing. Yummy. Mike told the kids NOT to go near the water. So, what do you think Sydney did? She jumped right in the water!!! Sometimes I wonder if she and I are really related. LOL But then I am thankful we are so different. A few minutes later, Jared and his little two-and-a-half year old brain must have already forgotten Mike's warning so he ran right over to the water and guess what he did: Wiped out! Fell right on his back. Nasty bathroom water everywhere.

Since Jared had just potty trained I had thought to bring 2 pairs of both shorts and underwear. I had not thought to bring a new shirt. And since this has been a crazy summer I never replaced our winter change of clothes I keep in the car for summer ones. All we had were sweat shirts and long sleeved shirts. So, Jared got a new zoo shirt right away when we got to the zoo. We also ran out of sun screen after applying it to Corban. And Sydney can't be in the sun for 2 minutes without burning so that was another zoo gift shop purchase. This was not your typical well planned trip to the zoo, obviously. But we made it. And we had a really great time! I have so many pictures that I'll just spend this week adding a few each day.


But for now, what do you think of Jared in his fancy zoo shirt? It says, "The monkey made me do it" and we were going to get Sydney the shirt that said, "I am the monkey", but, well, we'd spent enough at the gift shop for one year. :)


The look on Jared's face in this picture is because Mike was letting him get sprayed by one of the water sprayers they have around the zoo to cool off. I think Jared had already had all he wanted of surprise water for the day. He was not pleased with this.





Comments