Beautiful Sydney

I am so in love with my daughter. She is so unique in personality and she looks so much like her daddy, how could I not want to just squeeze her all the time? Well, she can also be a challenge, but her strength and determination are the way God made her, so I am (generally :P) thankful for them.
Yesterday I had planned to go to the Y mid-morning so I didn't do my make-up, but I left it out to fix later. Before we left I was getting some cleaning done downstairs. I heard Sydney yell from upstairs, "Mommy, you left your make-up out!" To which I replied that she had better leave it alone! Then Mommy sense kicked in and I realized that was probably too little, too late so I went upstairs to find my Bean. I couldn't find her right away so I called for her. She responded and I realized she was hiding under her desk with her back to me. I thought she had something in her hands (she tends to have sticky fingers) and I asked her to turn around and show me what she had. Slowly she turned and I saw that she, in fact, didn't have anything in her hands; it was all over her face. She is always asking me to put my make-up on her and I am always telling her she is beautiful the way she is. But we also talk about how you have to be careful with how you use make-up; it is meant to enhance what you already have, not cover everything up. And I think she is so naturally beautiful. But I let her know that someday she will be able to wear make-up, but we will work together to find what is right for her. Well, apparently she just couldn't wait.
I will admit: She did a really good job getting the bronzing powder right on her eyebrows. And some other powder was all around her eyes, too. She tried really hard to do a good job and she even put everything back in exactly the right place. I couldn't do anything but laugh and take a couple pictures.



Comments

  1. She is beautiful and I must say she looks very proud of her makeup job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment