Did you miss me?

I spent Friday evening and most of Saturday in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (which I must say, is the absolutely hardest place to navigate I have ever been to. Including NYC. Wow.). Beth Moore was speaking at a women's conference there. She is one of my favorite Bible teachers; I love how she really studies God's Word verse by verse and really digs in. I especially love how excited she is about it -- you almost can't help but get excited right along with her! And, really, how can you not get excited when you're talking about a God who loves you so much that he sacrificed his son so we could be together in Heaven for eternity?!

If you have ever been to a Christian women's conference, I'm sure you know the sort of experience I had this weekend. It is absolutely amazing to worship and learn about God with over 6,000 other women who really, truly want to be there. Amazing. If you have never had the opportunity for something like that, well, you really need to find that opportunity. One of my favorite moments this weekend was one that I partially shared with every woman there and also partially received by myself. At the very beginning, the worship leader, Travis Cottrell, asked any woman who was hurting, going through something really hard, anything they were struggling with to stand up. He then asked the women around each of these women to reach out and touch them and pray for them. The whole stadium was quiet except for a subtle, undulating whisper which came across sounding like, "JesusJesusJesusJesusJesus" as all these women quietly prayed together. Absolutely amazing. Right in the middle of this, I had the strongest image pound into my head. It was one of Jesus in Heaven wanting so badly to leave it all behind and run right down to be among these women, but almost held back by an invisible force. I practically hear him say, "I will leave it all behind again for them. I just want to be with them. I want to heal them. I want them to know how much I love them. I need to be with them and I want them with me. Now!" I have rarely felt something so strong in my life. We had an amazing time this weekend, and I learned so much more than that, but I hope and pray I never forget that moment. Jesus loves you and Jesus saves!

Comments