Time to scrap!

I haven't done any scrapbooking since my little weekend away in April and I'm missing it! I think I have enough photos now that I can get back to it. In the mean time, someone asked recently if I might want to share some of my pages. I like to use my stamps in my scrapbooks and she asked me how I do it. I started out liking stamps because you can buy an alphabet set and use it over and over instead of that sheet of stickers that ends up with a bunch of Q's, D's and F's left over but you still feel guilty throwing it out. I honestly don't think I'm that great of a scrapbooker, I just enjoy doing it and I love trying to give the pictures of my kids a special "home". I would not say I'm very creative, though, so I'm not going to go on and on about how I do this or that. I like to keep things very simple. I'll just share a few of my favorites from within the past year. I know I always love looking through other people's albums because there is always some idea or new way of seeing things that you can use in your own albums. I hope one of these helps you get your creative juices flowing, too! This first one is from Sydney's album. I read about the idea of repeating the title in two different fonts, so I used my Cricut machine to cut out the green letters and I stamped the red letters. The circles at the bottom are stamps also, which is a nice way to fill in extra space.

This is from Jared's album. It's his Rolling Ridge Ranch page. The animals at the top are stamps. For the lion and the elephant I stamped the image twice in different colors and cut them out to layer together.

I used a fun alphabet font for the titles on this page.

Here, the swirls and circles just help fill in some space.

No stamps here, but if you have Goodnight Moon memorized, you can appreciate this page. LOL

Comments

  1. Those are awesome Cheryl! you are very creative. I just looked at my scrapbooks and noticed I'm only caught up to Keegans 2nd birthday!!! Yikes! I have a lot to do.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!!!!!!
    I am ready to work on mine again, I may have to print off these GREAT ideas!!!! :) - Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment