Quick Recap of a Quick Trip

Well, I finally got to go visit our new home! Mike and I flew down last weekend so I could see the house and we could start getting things set up. Here she is:
Please excuse the lovely rental car and siding in the driveway. And the terrible lighting. It was a whirlwind and we weren't there much when the sun was up! We did get a bike ride in (you know I couldn't skip that!), which was a little chilly but lovely! I can not wait to share the trail with the kids!

We did a TON of shopping. We have needed to update some of our furniture for a while, so we are taking this opportunity to do so. What we ended up realizing is this area (Wake county, where Raleigh is) is a wonderful place to go furniture shopping! With some big furniture makers and distributors in North Carolina, all the stores run very competitive prices. I won't go into all the detail, but we got just about everything we knew we were looking for and some things that solved problems we hadn't yet figured out the answer to. It was a very successful trip as far as furnishing the house is concerned. Stay tuned on Instagram and I'll try to keep things updated there in stories.

We also stopped at The Container Store - my very happy place! I am so excited about organizing and putting everything away at the new house. I think we're just about ready to start moving things down. Mike also worked on setting up an alarm system and connecting everything to Alexa so we'll have a "smart house."

Our realtor has been the sweetest and so helpful through this crazy process and so, of course, she dropped off a gift of the exact thing I had been telling Mike I wanted to find to hang in our bedroom. She couldn't have known, but how sweet is this?! 

It's not hanging yet because this is what our room currently looks like: 

Mike is going down this weekend to bring the camper home. It feels like the end of an era of sorts. Of course, she'll be parked up in Ohio this summer, continuing to be our home away from home. 

And the kids are counting down until we take them for a visit over their spring break. Honestly, I love the home (Mike was so worried I wouldn't like it since he bought it without me ever seeing it - he doesn't seem to know how much I trust him), but it won't really be home until the kids are there.


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully it means we'll be able to catch up easier! ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment