Baptisms, Birthdays, and Turkeys

We've had a busy month here in Ohio-Land. Among a million other things (soccer wrapping up, both my parents have birthdays in November, basketball starting, Mike still traveling, and house hunting to name a few!) Corban and Sydney asked to get baptized. 

I'm not sure I have words yet to tell you my feelings about this. My heart sings when I think about it. These two have grown up tremendously over the past year and it has been a gift to watch. 





When Mike was on one of his trips to North Carolina the kids and I decided to surprise him by putting up the tree and starting to decorate for Christmas. We did a cute little timelapse of our efforts. The video ends when my phone falls, smashing to ground. Ack! But, only the back shattered, and it's covered by the case, so I'm trying to be OK with it since the video was a lot of fun (but can you just hear the perfectionist in me trying not to get twitchy about it?). 

Of course, like all good Americans, we ate our weight in turkey and trimmings last week at Thanksgiving. We had it at our house, which is so nice. I don't do it often enough, but I do love having people over and sharing a meal with them. And I really like that I can do it all from the comfort of my own home. Our group was a little smaller this year. My uncle was out of town, so my aunt went with her family. My brother's girlfriend was with her family for the week. And my Grandpa wasn't feeling well. Let me tell you, it was weird having Grandma there and not Grandpa. I didn't like it, no sir. But we sure were glad Grandma still came. Mike even cooked the turkey on our Traeger grill. It actually smokes for the first couple hours and then you cook it. Usually we've found things take longer to cook on the grill, but they taste oh so yummy! And I got pretty worried when Mike came home with an 18 lb turkey. But that thing cooked up much quicker than we thought and boy was it delicious! 



The next day we dropped the kids off at my Mom's house and headed down to Columbus. We often go away the weekend after Thanksgiving because typically Mike's birthday and our anniversary fall sometime around there. Mike surprised me with tickets to see A Christmas Carol (probably my favorite Christmas story/movie/play/cartoon) at Ohio Theater. He actually stayed awake and enjoyed it, so it was quite the banner evening! We enjoyed our weekend so much, but didn't take too many pictures. Really, all I have to show for it is this blurry phone picture from the theater! But the blurriness covers a multitude of wrinkles that we have given each other over the last 17 years of being (mostly) blissfully married. ;)

Comments