A midwinter update

Really, I don't have much to update, but I've been getting asked a lot lately, "Are you guys still planning on  moving? What's going on?"

I think I say at least 5 times a week, "Yes, we're still planning on moving the summer of 2018." And you know what? That's less than a year and a half away! The move is a constant topic of conversation in our house, so I suppose I forget to talk about it to other people. Well, I'm pretty sure you would all be sick of the move talk if you knew how much it was really on our minds.

Anyhow, for an update. We don't have any plans for our next trip to Raleigh. School for me this semester has been really busy. I am loving all my classes (3D Design, Illustrator 2, Digital Photography) except my online class, Math. Math was never my favorite. Math for technology is a nightmare. I feel like I am literally trapped in a matrix. Or Matrices. Gah. I'm dreaming about x's, y's and z's. But I'll get through. The other hard part of this semester is that I have school until 7:30 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays which has changed our family dynamics and evenings tremendously. I'm 4 weeks in and I feel like we may finally be figuring this out. And then Corban informed me of his band concert tonight. That I'll miss. :(

The kids' spring break and my spring break don't line up, so that won't help us find time to get to North Carolina, either.

However, Mike is working hard on his end. He has to get licensed to work in NC, so he has started that process which includes financial statements, applications and a test he'll have to head down there to take. So, we are full steam ahead here, even if it doesn't seem like it.

Now, I must head off to class again though the snow. One one and a half more icky winters in Ohio!

Comments