Little (and big) celebrations

First off, this guy turned 13. THIRTEEN?! 

Then we got to celebrate all the ways Mike is the best dad in the world. He requested a trip to the Air Force Museum so we made it happen. And while I wasn't sure what to expect, I would highly recommend it if you like anything along the lines of history, military, planes, space, or presidents. It was VERY cool. 


This is the plane that was Air Force One from Kennedy (carried his body back to DC) through Clinton. There were several other presidential planes as well, and perfectly preserved.


Then we walked outside and Mike tried to get a picture of the kids and I. He shot a series of pictures and the first one was the best. The kids were fighting the sun in their eyes in all the other pictures. This photo made me laugh the entire rest of the day. I guess in a state where my kids have asked, "what's the blue in the sky?" I shouldn't be surprised that they have a hard time with the sun. Hence, our desire to move where there's more sun. 

And then there was this celebration. Just in case you haven't heard, the Cleveland Cavaliers won the NBA championship, breaking a 52 year drought for Cleveland sports championships. This family was just a tiny bit excited.


And now that we've decided we might move we thought we might as well work on some more projects around the house. We've only lived here 2 1/2 years, after all. Mike hung some pictures I've been wanting up in the living room for a while now. And did a little decorating of his own while he was at it. ;)

We finally finished the project in the hallway in Sydney's room. I have been planning this since before we moved it. We just need to paint some frames and get some homasote. We painted the homasote to match the wall, put it inside a couple frames after removing the glass and added clips. I loved this idea because Sydney has the freedom to change around the pictures as much as she wants whenever she wants. 

Comments