End of summer download

We have been a busy family the last couple weeks! And before we know it, school is going to start. I guess the weather finally warmed up and we decided to cram everything we could into our days.

Last Saturday Mike and I went to the Lifebanc Walk & Run again. Mike decided to ride his bike up to get some miles in. We are preparing to ride the 65 mile ride again this fall that my friend Becky and I did a couple years ago. I was worried that he wanted to ride alone. We did have some other friends riding up together. Wouldn't you know, not 2 miles from our house he had a wreck. His cell phone fell off the mount on his bike and when he turned to look for it he hit a pot hole and went up over the handlebars. His face is pretty scratched up but thankfully he's ok. And the crazy guy rode thirty more miles to the event and still ran the 5k! I ran the 10k, my second time doing so. If you'd have told me 3 years ago I did that I would have thought you were insane. I might be just a little proud of my hard work. ;)

A few weeks ago my kids 2nd cousins came to town. At least I think they are second cousins. They are the grandkids of my mom's cousin and we'd never met them before. We met them at the zoo (this seems to be our tradition when family comes into town) and spent a fun day together. Family - even distant - seems to get more special to me the older I get.

We also made a little road trip to Dearborn/Detroit, Michigan. The last time I was there was 10 years ago when I picked up my new-to-me car I bought on eBay. Needless to say, we don't go that way too often. We visited the Henry Ford Museum and actually spent 3 full days exploring all that was there. I highly recommend it. Greenfield Village, a part of the Henry Ford, was absolutely amazing. We joked that it was like Disney for history buffs. I'm not even kidding. Check it out if you ever get the chance.

They offer rides which included a loop in a Model T and carriage rides and a 1920's bus that took you throughout the village. We took the Model T twice because it was just too neat!


Inside they museum they build a Model T every day with the help of visitors who pass by. By 3:00 every afternoon you can stop back and see the car fully built. Then after the museum closes they take it all apart to start over again the next day. So cool! 

In other (not) exciting news, my computer upgraded to Windows 10. I would like to say I really like it but I have been having some problems with how files are stored and viewed in Picasa, the program I use to edit my pictures. I think I have all the bugs worked out and now I can import/download photos from my phone even easier. But it's taken me a few hours of trial and error and google searching to figure it out. Hours I'll never get back. Don't you hate those times? So that is why there are only 4 pictures in this post. I am just plain tired of looking at them! At one point I had 4 copies of every new photo showing up in Picasa! I see myself migrating to PhotoShop in the not too distant future...

I have other big news: I am going back to school! I am all signed up for a couple classes this fall. I'll be majoring in Computer Graphic Art and I am pretty excited about it! Getting registered and trying to track down all my old transcripts has been quite a job this summer but I think I'm ready. I can't wait to see where this new adventure takes me!


Comments