A decade that passed before we knew it

My sweet Sydney turned ten years old last week. Ten. Two hands. A whole decade. How does this happen?! This is our birthday party year (we do parties for the kids every other year) but we still take them out for dinner on their birthday. Sydney requested Chuck E. Cheese's for her birthday dinner. While this is far from my favorite place on earth, it worked out well. The kids had so much fun playing and since it was the 2nd day of school, it wasn't too crowded. The adults got to sit around and actually visit - and best of all, the mess and cake crumbs stayed out of my house. My parents joined us along with my brother and nephew.

 Sydney and I also went to our annual pedicure appointment. 

We had a Splatter Party at an art studio. What fun! Sydney and her friends got to create several pieces of art, including their own splatter canvas. What a mess! The girls all worked on a big canvas that Sydney will also get to bring home and we can hang on her wall. It will bring back wonderful memories every time we look at it!

My crazy, creative girl was so happy!

A paint can filled with art themed goodies - including a mini easel and canvas - made up the goodie bag. Cute! 

Peace Love and Little Donuts instead of cake! Yum! 

OK, and one last thing I wanted to share that has nothing to do with Sydney's birthday. I made this little list to help the kids pack their lunches. I got the idea from something I found on Pinterest, but this is a much simplified version that the kids seem to understand better. I laminated it and hung it in the pantry near where their snacks are. It has worked well so far!

Comments