Summer Camp Blues

You've caught me on a particularly melancholy day. The kids have been away at camp since Sunday evening and I'm feeling it. The house is so quiet. It stays clean. These are two of my favorite things. And yet, when there's no one to make noises or messes, those two things just aren't as great. This is the first time we've been away from the kids for more than two nights. And usually when we are gone, they are at my parents' house and I can talk to them whenever I want. So. This is the longest I've ever gone without talking to my kids. I'm kind of a mess today. It's been rainy off and on all week and today is the first sunny, warmish day they've had, so I know they have to be having a blast right now. I just keep telling myself that. And I can not wait to hear the stories when they get home. I bet they'll be a lot more thankful for their nice bathrooms that I make them clean, too. Ha!

The boys were super excited to get the adventure going! They even got to be in the same cabin. Jared may have been a tad more excited about that than Corban. But I know I was relieved to know they'd have each other.


Sydney, on the other hand, pull an opposite-Sydney and was the most shy and nervous child about drop off. I think this is why I'm having such a hard time because she is usually my fearless, runs-into-every-new-situation-with-gusto child. She had no gusto and even wanted us to wash off her muddy feet before we left. Usually she would be the one rolling in the mud.


But we got some good smiles out of her before we left. And I know her. She'll make a million new friends and never want to leave. 

Only 48 hours until I can see these noisy, messy, beautiful faces again!

Comments