Trying to enjoy the festivities

 I went to download photos from my camera and my phone and realized this has been a much busier week than I thought. 

First, I'm trying to take fewer pictures of Katy. But I just couldn't help this one. I can barely pick her up anymore, but Mike still can. She melts into his arms like a baby. I'm sure it's happened before, but I have never personally known a dog that liked to be held like this. Especially one this big. She's a total baby. Sydney looks like she's strangling her, but really Katy just lets her head hang like that and Sydney came over and was gently hugging her. Sydney is one happy girl!

And this guy turned 8. Eight!!!

We took him bowling and to lunch at Ci Ci's on Saturday, his request. Then on Monday (his actual birthday) my parents and nephew (my brother was under the weather) came over for pizza, cake and gifts. You can tell Legos are a hit in our family.

 A big hit.

And so is soccer. Not only was Jared excited about a soccer video game - he lives for soccer! - he was shocked about getting his first very own video game. I'm sure he'll share with his brother, though! 

Speaking of his brother, this guy had his Christmas concert last night. Our third, in case you were counting. He was so happy Grandma and Grandpa took time out of their busy schedules to come watch.  

 And why isn't Sydney in more pictures? Well, the girl is going for some sort of sickness record. After pneumonia the first two weeks of school (her birthday was the first day of school, let me remind you) and the stomach bug the weekend we had 12 people staying at our house, she has now decided croup would be a fun sickness to try. She woke us up early yesterday morning struggling to breath. Fresh air and a steamy shower helped but the phone nurse had us take her in to the ER. There they gave her a dose of steroids. Those helped tremendously, but they warned this could be a 4-5 day thing. Sydney is so disappointed because not only has she not been to school yet this week but she will also miss her class' Chick-fil-A party tomorrow and very likely will miss her class' Christmas party on Friday. Poor girl can't catch a break. 

Comments