Roller Coaster Week

I uploaded the pictures of Sydney opening some of her gifts for her birthday. She still wasn't feeling well. Last Wednesday her fever was still up at 104.4 and I was getting really worried. I finally called the doctor and they checked her out and sent us for blood work and x-rays. Pneumonia! Poor Girl! So they put her on a round of antibiotics. She perked up pretty quickly and by Saturday evening (after missing her first week of school) her fever was down. It stayed down through Monday and she was bouncing around Tuesday morning, but by Tuesday evening her fever was back. We found ourselves back at the doctor today and she's starting on a second round of antibiotics. Hopefully this will be it. She's up and acting normal, wanting to eat, talking our ears off. She's still a little lethargic, though. We all feel so bad for her. The kids don't have school Friday or Monday, either, so Sydney won't be able to go back to school until next Tuesday.

Here she is trying to open some of her gifts on her birthday.

She may be tired and sick, but her personality still came through, silly girl. 

In the midst of all this, we added to our family! Katy is an Australian Shepherd just like Macy. We've been praying about getting a new dog for some time. Macy is the best dog I've ever known, intelligent and kind. We knew it would be hard to find another dog as good as Macy. But Katy has stolen our hearts and is showing so many similar traits to Macy we feel like she is a special gift from God.
She started off life with us by snuggling with my sick little girl. So sweet! 


She sleeps a lot - and hard! But when she's awake, she plays hard.  



I told the story backwards and you know that Sydney only made it two days at school, but here she is so happy on Monday that she was able to head to her very own first day of school. 

You don't even know how many cute sleeping puppy pictures I have. I am restraining myself. I promise. But I am sure I'll share more next week! 

Comments