Almost Organized

My latest house project has been getting the basement into order. I have grand plans, but right now it's a mess. A lot of boxes are lined up along the far side almost exactly where they were left when we moved in. Well, except for the ones we dug through while looking for things we needed. So, it's kind of a mess. And I don't do messes.

The first area I wanted to tackle was the kids' memory boxes. Those Rubbermaid boxes lived in our garage while we built, so I was concerned that the contents may have been damaged. Nope! The Rubbermaid stood up to the test! But the lids needed some good cleaning. I'll take it. 

I found an idea on Pinterest where someone used a file crate with a folder for each school year to keep important papers. I already do something similar for the kids' report cards and test results. I thought this would be a great idea to help organize their memory boxes. I cleaned out the boxes and sorted all papers into piles by grade. The preschool stacks were pretty big, so I'll need to get boxes for those papers. Large projects (there weren't too many) will stay in the memory boxes along with coming home outfits, hospital paraphernalia, baby books and other special mementos.

Here is Sydney's crate: 
Here are the memory boxes and crates. The stacks above the crates are the preschool piles that still need a container. It's a start!!

Comments