May Madness

I always think somehow life will get easier come May. I am always wrong. May equals End of School Madness. It never fails. We have had field trips, stitches, award ceremonies, class parties and my favorite: Field Day. I have been actively avoiding field day for 30 years. Oh, and did I mention the norovirus decided to pay me a visit? For a WEEK. I was shut down and relegated to the couch. For a WEEK. In May. Madness. So, please excuse the photo dump. I want to share. We have had fun. I'm pretty sure we've had fun. These pictures seem to say so, anyhow. But my brain is too mushy and sleepy to be sure.

Oh, here's some evidence of FUN: A recorder recital!

Corban showed Jared how to play Chess. They quit early, but Jared was winning. Does that make Corban an excellent teacher... or a terrible Chess player? I vote for awesome big brother.

Jared couldn't participate in Field Day, so I thought we should celebrate with some Dairy Queen.

Ah, and those stitches are gone as quickly as they arrived!

We bought tandem bikes to pull Sydney and Jared with. Well, Jared tries really hard to push me as much as possible. He's out of control. And it is so much fun!

We went to our town's little Memorial Day Parade. I am always impressed - they do a great job!

What a reminder that our freedom wasn't free. This always makes me miss my Grandpa who served in WWII and earned two Purple Hearts. My other grandpa was Navy along with my uncle. Another uncle was Army and my dad was in the reserves. So thankful for all the brave men who serve our country.


Jared's class also went on a field trip to The Farm at Walnut Creek. I won't bore you with the 8,651 pictures I took. OK, not that many, but they still need editing. We had a blast, got chased by a swan, saw the sweetest baby lemur and fed all kinds of amazing animals. And we made memories. FUN.

Comments