Winding Down

The school year is winding down. It's a good thing, too, because I think we are all worn out from the marathon that was this school year. The kids wrapped up two programs they were a part of this year. The first one was T.R.I.B.E. Don't ask me what the acronym stands for. I can never remember. But it has something to do with sharing the message of the gospel. Just so you know. ;)
T.R.I.B.E. is a program for 1st-4th graders. It's sort of like a school musical for that age group. Many kids had solo parts, but some were sharing Bible verses or acting as a group of students. Because acting should take you out of your comfort zone. I kid. Anyhow, my kids love being a part of this program and this was the first and only year they will all get  to be in it together. Their big performance was this Saturday. The show, called Blast Off, was about a boy preparing to go to space camp. The night before, he falls asleep and dreams he actually gets to go into space. There he learns that God created everything and it is good. I think this may have been our favorite T.R.I.B.E. show yet.

The kids' especially loved the matching shirts. I love that they still love that.

All three kids were also in orchestra this year. Their final concert (and awards ceremony) was Tuesday evening. Sorry for the photo quality. I left my camera at home and had to use my phone. 
Sydney looks completely innocent here. I'll go ahead and let you believe that...
 It's hard to see the kids here, I know. But I'll try to point the blobs that are their head out. Corban is the kid on the far left. Jared is to the right of him. The smallest blob. Sydney is in the back row, third from the left. You can barely see the top of her blob and her eyes. 
 Their teacher, Miss G is the sweetest person you could meet. She smiles constantly. Mike asked if I thought she smiled in her sleep. I think she does. And she has the patience of a saint. The group the kids were in this year was filled with a few challenges. I'm sure my kids added to that, too. But they loved orchestra and never once complained about going.
Do you love Corban's tie? The "short" end wasn't so short, so Mike did some, um, surgery on it to make it fit. For the first concert last Fall. And apparently we figured that solved our problem as we never remembered to actually look for a tie that did fit the rest of the year. Win.




Comments