A short trip

It's been so long since I've updated! I decided to dust off the blog and try to play catch-up over the next couple weeks. I have finally started taking some current picture of the house, too, so stay tuned! I have about a month's worth of family pictures to blog about as well. Now that my scrapbooking/craft room is pretty much finished, I am finding myself taking my camera with me again. I missed scrapbooking so much! I only made a few pages while we rented since there just wasn't space. I kept up on major events using digital software from Stampin' Up! and while I thoroughly enjoy creating pages (and cards!) on the computer, there's just something about working with real paper that still draws me back. I think taking more pictures will help motivate me to keep up on the blog a little more, as well. 

When I downloaded the pictures from my camera I realized I still had pictures on there from last month. The kids had Spring Break at the end of March. Mike needed to get away for a few days so he suggested we do one of our little long weekend trips to a nearby city. This year we chose Pittsburgh. It worked out that our friends, Jessica and Joey Shrock were planning a visit there also. We had a great weekend!

We mess Jess & Joe at the Carnegie Science Center. The kids had a ton of fun there. We explored a retired submarine, walked through the history of bicycles, saw a beautiful miniature railroad and village, and learned about space, robots and fish!

The miniature railroad was amazing and so detailed! 
Dylan and Corban

 Sydney and Jared had fun seeing how high they could build a tower before an "earthquake" would shake it down.

 After the Science Center we went to the Duquesne Incline for a quick ride to the top.

What a view! Cute kids, too!


 We stayed a few days longer than the Shrocks and spent some time exploring the city a bit. While trying to find a park to give the kids some time to play outside, we stumbled upon Fort Pitt. What a find! There is a museum there, almost built into the natural bank. It looks small from the front, but was quite large. The kids were entertained for almost two hours trying to find all the items on a scavenger hunt. I learned more about Pittsburgh's history than I know for most places near where we live.


 We also visited the Children's Museum. The kids had a blast there, too! They got to play, build and create. Learning is so fun!

Comments