Playing catch-up... and a lot of soccer

I just realized that I haven't posted in almost a month - and the last few posts have been all about the house! We do have other things going on, too! Hence, the not-posting. The school year is already a month in and it's flying. The boys are both playing soccer, which has kept us busy as usual. So, are you ready for a picture-dump-update?

First, the kids have all started violin lessons at school. They are super excited about this and can't wait to start using their bows on Monday. Is this cute or what?!

Sydney and I went with some friends to the Secret Keeper Girl Crazy Hair Tour. So fun and such a great message! I'm not sure how much Sydney took in, but to hear the message of living her life for God, honoring Him with her actions and words and not being afraid to "be different" - and be herself - is a good message to hear starting now.

I have also been busy training for a 65 mile bike ride. My friend Becky and I worked all summer to be ready for our ride last weekend. We were riding to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. We had beautiful weather almost all summer, but it absolutely poured the day of our ride. It took us a little over 6 hours and it rained the first 5. We continued to ride in the sandy/slurry/sloshy mess the rest of the way back. It was unreal. But we sure were proud of our effort. After all the work we put in training for this, neither one of us wanted to give up.
 Our clothes and hair sure paid the price, though! Everything including my jacket and shoes (and of course, bike!) needed to be sprayed off in the buggy wash on our way home. We were covered in mud and water was sloshing in our shoes within the first few miles, so at that point we figured we might as well push through. I'm so glad we did! What an adventure!

Last Sunday we went out to our new home to see how things were progressing. The sunset was absolutely gorgeous! I ran to get my phone to take a picture, but by the time I got back, it had already changed. This picture is still beautiful, but you'll have to use your imagination to picture just how stunning it really was.

We have a couple cows in the pasture next door, too. They were curious about the kids kicking the soccer ball back and forth so they came over for a visit. It was hysterical watching their heads follow the ball back and forth, almost like people watching a tennis match.


Mike and I played hooky from work yesterday to visit Stan Hywet Hall. Growing up, we visited pretty regularly, but it's been years since I've been there. Mike and I are both intrigued by history, so this was a really fun date to squeeze into the middle of the day.

Generally I don't like to share pictures of other people's kids on our blog without their permission. Most of the soccer pictures I have include a cluster of kids chasing the ball, so this picture of Jared being goal keeper will have to represent all the others. :) He looks so tiny standing there!

Sydney had to bring the class friend George home with her a few weekends ago and take him on her adventures. George came out to eat with us, went to a soccer game and even got a tour of our new home! Then Mom's homework (ha ha) was to journal about their exciting weekend!

Comments