Concrete, rough plumbing and electrical - check!

It's getting to that point where unless you know what to look for, it doesn't seem like much is happening at our house. But since it's been almost a month since I updated, I figured it was time.

Here is a recent exterior shot. The kids are so excited that they run to the house every time I pull up and stop the car.

This is going to be my kitchen island. Mike is giving me a custom island with a lower height than my wall cabinets so it's easier for (short) me to work at. He built this "counter" as a template to show me how the end-height would be. How good is he?!

I think the kids are getting tired of doing their sweet "Home Sweet Home" poses, so here I was letting them get their sillies out first. They are standing by the future island and behind them you can look out into the garage. The refrigerator will be where that plywood is and the door on the right is where the stove will be. It's getting real, here, folks!

Straight from a soccer game (like Corban's rec-specs?) to see the newly poured garage floor. Here the kids are sitting on the stairs that lead from the garage into the house. You can see the "island" in the background.

These can lights are something I'm pretty excited about. We are doing a lot more of them in this house, but these are extra special because they are in my craft room. Not only will I have two giant windows to let in natural light, but these are going to do an amazing job lighting my work surface! Woot! Oh, and you are getting a side view of a set of (somewhat water damaged) kitchen cabinets we got at an auction for $90! We stored them in the craft room while the garage was getting poured. They won't go in our kitchen, but we are going to use the ones that are in good shape in several places including my craft room and the laundry room. Gotta love saving money!

It's kind of hard to explain until you come visit, but this is our side front door, the one most people will use, right off of the driveway. We are obviously waiting on the back-ordered transom window. *love*

The big news last week was the front porch. Concrete! We can walk on it without getting all sandy! Somehow, though, that doesn't keep the kids out of the sand pile right in front of the porch. :/

So, as of now, rough electrical and HVAC are almost done, rough plumbing is done, concrete in the basement, garage and porch is done. The septic system was getting worked on yesterday. Electric is in and the well is dug. Hopefully insulation and drywall will go in sometime in the next two weeks. And I just realized I need to get on the ball picking out paint colors! Help!


Comments

  1. I've been patiently waiting for an update! I love watching the transformation. It's looking really great. I'm so excited for you guys. Keep up the posts and photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodi! Let me know how you've been, too, when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment