We have a floor... and some walls...

And a whole lotta mud! The kids and I hadn't been to the house in two weeks. Actually, we were all so busy, nothing even got done on the house for one of those weeks. Either way, it was so fun to head back out there and see some real progress! I can start measuring and planning where I'm going to put things. I have started looking out the "windows" at our beautiful views! I think I love that part the most.

Here are the kids saying, "Hello!" from our front door! We have a front door, folks! Well, sort of.

 This is the front of the house. It's not too deep but it sure is long the way we laid it out. The garage seems HUGE to me. But, Mike will use every square inch, plus his office will be above the garage. Knock that off, and I think the rest of the house seems manageable. I hope. All I can think is I will have to clean this place! But, we are so thankful!

 This is my favorite shot so far: This room on the front corner will be my craft room!!!

This is the back view of the house with just the first floor and first floor walls up. We'll need to get some steps for that back door!

 Here's Mike putting up a beam between the kitchen (to the left) and the dinette (to the right). Love that view! Um, out the window. ;)

And these are some of our neighbors. I'm told they lay around, eat and get fat and then... disappear come fall. Hmmm. I guess we shouldn't make friends, then, huh?

Comments