Last Days of School

The kids' last day of school was May 30th. I think we all breathed a sigh of relief after the last crazy month. To celebrate, I took them to a local frozen yogurt shop. YUM! 
Jared's last day was actually May 29th. His kindergarten class had a little graduation ceremony in the morning and then he got to come home with me. We went birthday shopping for Corban's birthday and then out for lunch. Of all the places he could have chosen this boy made his mommy very happy by choosing Panera Bread. Jared showed me what a big boy he really is by ordering grilled cheese (a step up from his usual mac 'n cheese) and eating the whole thing. This is HUGE because this is the kid who has been so determined not to eat the crust of any bread that he will even leave the outer ring of a bagel. It might seem like a small thing, but it's one more way I am watching these kids grow up right in front of my eyes. I can't wait to see what this summer brings!
Here's my big little man in the morning before his last day.
And here is Jared with his kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Amann. In the last 4 years she has taught all 3 of the kids with grace and compassion. Saying, "good-bye" to her was tough, but I know we'll still see her around and stay in touch. And I also know, and am thankful for, all the other wonderful teachers my kids have to look forward to throughout school. I am so thankful for these amazing people who pour their time, energy and hearts into the spiritual and intellectual growth of my kids. Words will never be enough. 

Comments