It's like Christmas

When I see a box from these people I get pretty excited. If you know why, you're just smiling and nodding. If you don't, well, this should explain everything. 

I *love* organizing. I love simplifying. I love having a place for everything. It just makes life easier. Since we are getting ready to build and move again, I have been putting off doing any major changes to our routine and the way we keep things. However, sometimes it's just necessary. I realized this after I saw how often the kids are bringing home little snacks and treat bags from this class party or that end of season sports celebration. My old method was to put the little goodies they brought home in a Ziplock baggie with their name written on it or a bowl. The bowls don't work in the tiny pantry we have in the rental. So, I finally broke down and went to one of my favorite web sites: The Container Store. Even if I don't end up buying something from a visit, I always walk away with inspiration. It didn't take long to find the bins I was picturing in my mind. Now each kid has their own bin - not too big so we don't have too many treats hanging around. And there is an extra one for the misc. goodies we occasionally have. Yes, Sydney's bin is empty. She got all her Easter candy taken away as a behavior consequence. Believe me, it was appropriate. ;) I didn't get a picture of it, but I also ordered two extra bins in a larger size to put under the kitchen sink to hold all those loose sponges, scented candles and some cleaners that seem to migrate down there. 

I know we will use these systems wherever we go. It's a small upgrade for now, but one that was past due. I love doing these tiny projects, so I'll try to share more as I come across them.

Comments