Busy-ness Lately

I finally sat down the other day to catch up on some things and I got quite a few pictures off of my phone and camera. It's the end of the school year so activities are picking up and we are often running 3 different directions - hard with only TWO parents to get it all done. But, we're not alone. All my friends are doing the same thing. I hope I'll see them again someday. ;)

On house news: We have a house number! That means things can start moving forward. The goal is to dig in the first two weeks of May. Hard to believe!

Easter was so much fun this year. The kids knew what was coming, so I think my days of being able to forget about coloring eggs or remembering at the last minute are over. We will now get reminded about coloring eggs for the entire month prior to Easter. It must be in the kids' contract. 

As you can tell, Sydney's personality is really quieting down. 

We didn't do too much for baskets this year, but I did find cute pails that I think will be useful for storing their toys for a while. I like finding something that works double duty.

The other night I heard a thud come from upstairs after we put the kids to bed. This is honestly not uncommon and usually I run at break-neck speed up the steps to make sure everyone is ok. Well, Mike laughs at me now b/c he says, "We'll know, we'll hear, when someone's hurt". Often the thump is just a book falling off of someone's bed. But the next most common thing is Sydney falling out of bed. She has a Full bed (compared to the boys' twin sized beds) and yet she still manages to fall out. I can't even count how many times she's done this in the past year. 
Well, no one cried, so I sort of forgot I heard that thump until I went upstairs for bed a little while later. This is what I found:

She even managed to stay asleep! And you may have noticed her head is even facing the wrong direction. No idea. However, when you fill your bed up like this and have to sleep on the edge, it's a lot easier to see how she has a hard time staying up there. 

Jared is starting his second year of T-ball. Mike got roped into coaching and Jared is over the moon. Aren't these little baseball cleats just the cutest?! Corban is playing, again this year also. With practices at least 3 times a week just for him, you can imagine we are always on the go.

Last weekend the boys went camping overnight with their Wednesday night group. It SNOWED! But they got to sleep in a nice, warm cabin. Although Mike tells me the bed left a little to be desired. I think he felt all of his 34 years.
Well, Sydney and I know how to enjoy a nice WARM evening! We went out to eat and came home for a girlie movie night. We don't get too many of those around here. Popcorn and fresh chocolate chip cookies, and tons of blankets made for a perfect evening. We watched the Snow White adaptation Mirror Mirror. It is definitely a must-see. It was an amusing, smart, girl-empowering take on a classic.


Sydney and Corban started the wrap-up of the school year by taking part in the 1st-4th grade T.R.I.B.E. musical, Power. They were both so excited, and so cute to watch up on stage.

Sydney asked her teacher if she could read to Jared's kindergarten class. She was so excited to get the chance! Jared's teacher was so sweet to send me pictures, too! 

Hopefully I'll have more house news soon! Stay tuned!

Comments