Saying, “Good-bye” so we can make some new, “Hellos”

Well, as I hinted at earlier we have officially moved!
The kids are handling the move incredibly well. They, of course, miss their neighbors. But we haven’t had any problems settling in at the “new” place. Right now we are in the rental phase of our plan. While I can’t say Mike and I enjoy renting I am trying to enjoy this part of our project. Right now we are looking for land. And by “we” I mean “Mike” because that’s just more his thing. We are so much on the same page about what we want, not only in a lot but also in a home, that I completely trust him to figure this part out. Then comes the really fun part: Planning and building our next home!
It was very hard to leave our first home. We put so much thought into building it 10 years ago. There is a lot I want to make sure we repeat in the next house. But we have learned and grown a lot in the last 10 years. It’s time to move forward. I’ll keep you updated as much as I can. We aren’t rushing this project because, God willing, this next home will be our “forever home”.
Gratuitous kids with sale sign:
DSC_0037
They wanted one last picture with the house.
DSC_0040
We were so thankful for this home. Now we are thankful for the nice rental we found. We are truly blessed beyond what words can say.
It has been hard letting go of this house that Mike and I built together but I am trying to keep the perspective that sometimes for God to give you the better thing He has planned you have to be able to first pry your fingers off the the great thing he’s already given you. It’s not about what  we have, what we own, where we live. It’s Who we’re living all of that for.

Comments