Happy Easter from the Sommers Family!

I do believe that Easter is probably my favorite holiday. Hands down. First and foremost, remembering what Jesus did on the cross on Good Friday – completely paying out debts so we can stand in the presence of God our Creator and Father, white as snow. Amazing! Then, there’s Easter. An empty grave. Death conquered and eternal life given to all who believe! Wow! That’s enough for me! But we get even more. We get to celebrate our own new beginning during  a season of great new beginnings – Spring. An absolutely beautiful season. And, I have to say, extra special because my birthday falls in the spring. Which, it did this year on Good Friday. What a gift.

I am even more blessed to be able to share Easter with my amazing family. These kids are just too much fun.

On Friday they helped me make a sunflower cake using that those ever-present Easter candies, Peeps.

DSC_0002DSC_0004

Who doesn’t love a full Easter basket? And a good Easter egg hunt. I have to admit, we kept it pretty small this year. But they sure seemed to have a lot of fun!

DSC_0010DSC_0011

DSC_0017DSC_0018DSC_0021DSC_0022

After church we had lunch at my mom and dad’s house. More baskets! More fun! Good food!

DSC_0028DSC_0030DSC_0031

And great-grandparents and cousins! I realized it had been quite a while since I had a picture of my kids with my grandma and grandpa Arteno. So thankful for this!

DSC_0039

We also got cousin Gabe in on the act.

DSC_0040

Comments