Sydney’s Tea Party

Sydney has wanted to have a birthday party for a while. Parties are not something I really like planning, but I figured this was a big year for her and she deserved it. So I decided to throw her a girlie tea party.


First I sent out the invitations:


DSC_0002 - Copy


Then I made some decorations. I used my Stampin’ Up supplies to help keep things coordinated. This banner was made with the Petal Cone Die and the Big Shot. I used stamps and punches to spell out “Happy Birthday Sydney”. The word, “Sydney” is hanging in her room now.


DSC_0013 - Copy


For the table, I used paper to make the flower centerpieces. Each girl also had a favor that I made using the Pillow Box Die. I filled it with a candy necklace and added their initial on a tag. DSC_0016 - CopyDSC_0024


I found goodie bags that came with markers so the girls could decorate them at home. I used my Stampin’ Up supplies to make name tags for each bag.


DSC_0017 - Copy


I came up with two craft projects to do with the girls. The first one was a necklace with beads. It was supposed to be a “message in a bottle” so I found some Bible verses and printed them out so the girls could carry them with them. Each necklace also had enough beads to spell out their name. I also came up with a way to use Stampin’ Up fabric (that coordinated with all the paper I used) to make a headband or hair clip. They turned out really cute!


DSC_0043


Of course, what’s a birthday without a cake?! I did NOT make this! But it turned out beautifully!


DSC_0011 - CopyDSC_0026 - Copy


Sydney was so happy to have her friends together for her birthday! I think great memories were made (at least for me!) this year!


DSC_0036


Of course, we had to send out thank-you notes as well! Once again, coordinating with all the decorations!


DSC_0039-1


I may not love parties, but I do love my Sydney. I wanted a perfect day for her and I think it turned out pretty well. She sure seemed happy – and that’s what really counts!


DSC_0023 - Copy

Comments