First Day of School!

Wednesday was Corban’s first day of 2nd Grade!



DSC_0003



On Thursday, Sydney had Kindergarten Orientation where she got to go (with me) to her classroom, meet her teacher and find her desk. Then she got to go play on the playground with her class while I got lots of information on her school year. As you'll remember, she has the same teacher Corban did for Kindergarten, so I know what to expect. And I know it’s going to be a good year!



DSC_0036-1



Sydney and her teacher, Mrs. Amann



DSC_0037



After orientation, I tracked Corban down and was able to grab a quick picture with his teacher, Mrs. Roth



DSC_0038



Friday was Sydney’s first full day of Kindergarten. She was so ready! And she was so excited about her backpack! She insisted on standing sideways so I could be sure to get it in the picture.



DSC_0045



All ready!



DSC_0048



Jared wanted to get in the picture, too!



DSC_0049



We have been talking to Corban for a few days about walking in with Sydney and helping her get to her room. Thankfully, they are both in the same hallway! I love it! Well, as soon as Corban closed my car door, Sydney took off running! I had to wait all day to see how it went! Apparently she waited for him at the door and they walked in together. He helped her get her things in her locker and even carried her water bottle to her desk for her. He told me he was a little embarrassed walking into a “little kids” classroom but I assured him anyone that saw him just thought he was an excellent, caring big brother. I love these kids! (Oh, and yes, I did cry. But not for too long. As long as I didn’t think about it too much. Winking smile )

Comments