Celebrating (A Little Early)

Mike’s parents were in town last week for Mike’s cousin’s wedding and his oldest niece’s high school graduation. Since Corban’s birthday is this week, and they are rarely around when we celebrate it, we decided to celebrate a little early so they could join in.  Corban has been begging to go to Chuck E Cheese’s for a while now (honestly, I can’t remember the last time we went!), so we all went there, along with my parents, brother and nephew, to have some fun and eat some pizza. After, we all came back here for cake and ice cream. However, I woke up that morning and realized I hadn’t even thought about a cake yet! I was planning on making one for Corban’s birthday… Next week! Oops! So, while Corban was at school, Sydney, Jared and I went to the Hartville Kitchen. The bakery there has saved the day for me more than once!

 

I think Corban was happy with the results!

DSC_0019

Then we realized that my lighter was missing (remind me to check in Sydney’s room…) so Mike improvised. With a blow torch from his work van.

DSC_0021

Corban was impressed.

DSC_0022

Happy (Early) 8th Birthday to my amazing little man!!!

Comments