Jared's Birthday Party

It's hard to believe, but our little guy is 4 years old! We asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday and the only answer he ever gave us was, "Eat at Red Robin for my birhtday!" We are pretty sure that was due to his love - obsession - with balloons. The kids always get balloons when we eat there. So, that's what we did and Jared was one happy little guy! We even had some special guests: Robin and Keegan and Carter came along, too! Jared just loves having his cousins around, so I know this made his day!
After dinner we came home for cake and presents.
I am not sure if you recall any of my previous cake disasters. I really need to take a class. But, along the way I am learning some things and getting better. A little. Earlier this year my friend Larena shared this recipe for Chocolate Oreo Cake. It looked like something I thought I could make. I will say it turned out delicious and we will be trying this again, but I wanted to decorate it for Jared's birthday. Decorating is where I fall off the cake-making wagon. So, I thought I'd be smart and buy the frosting you can put on like canned cheese. It sounds gross, but also like a good idea, right? I also bought "Happy Birthday" and some little balloons that were already made, I just had to put them on his cake. Those worked out fine, but apparently I bought a defective can of icing! Only me! So, considering I think I broke my wrist trying to get the can to work while keeping "Jared" neat, I think it all worked out OK. But, you won't be seeing me on Cake Boss any time soon. Or ever.

But, Jared was happy. And the cake TASTED great! That's all that really matters!

Along with Robin, Keegan and Carter, Uncle Mike, Gabe and Grandma and Grandpa Arteno also came over to celebrate.
What fun!

Comments

  1. The cake looks great! Glad you guys enjoyed it, I like the candles!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment