Photo-shoot FAIL

It's time for Corban's 7 year and Sydney's 5 year pictures. I thought I'd be crafty (and cheap) and take their pictures while we were at the beach. Well, as the title indicates you might have already guessed it didn't go so well.
The idea sounded good in my head. What I didn't anticipate was near-100 degree temps and sandspurs. We decided to head to the beach early the evening the family had it's cook-out on South Lido. It was a beautiful evening, but by the time we walked 100 yards to get away from people, we were covered in sweat and miserable before we started.

I finally got the kids somewhat close to how I wanted to take the first pictures (with Mike helping with poses just off-camera) and the fun began. I hadn't shot more than 3 or 4 pictures when Sydney started screaming. Sandspurs EVERYWHERE!!!! Basically that did it. The kids were afraid to move almost the rest of the entire evening. When I finally got them settled down a bit, this was the picture I got:

Sydney was having a hard time. I think her world is so perfect that she was appalled that a plant would 'attack' her like that.

This was the closest I got to them all smiling, but in order to be in an area with the lease sandspurs, they had the sun behind them.

Whenever we moved at all, more sandspurs got stuck to us, so the kids were pretty worried. After this shot I knew we weren't going to get anything good this evening. And we were all crabby from the heat. I think we were done within 10 minutes of starting.
The kids now refer to South Lido as "the poinky (pointy) beach". And they never want to go back again. They'll probably still tell you about it the next time you see them. Traumatized, I tell you.

Comments