On the road again...

Did you miss us? We just got back early Sunday morning from our first vacation in two years. We packed as much as we possibly could into a week-and-a-half! And I came home with 499 pictures to prove it! With half of Mike's family living in Sarasota, Florida, that is generally our vacation destination. However, we have been longing to try some new places. So, we decided a good compromise this year was to take our time getting to Florida and hit some sites on the way down. When I told my friend Jessica Shrock this, and that we were interested in possibly visiting some Civil War sites she told me we just had to stop in Savannah! And she even lent me some books by Eugenia Price that would get me excited about the visit. And they sure did! We planned our entire trip around a stop in Savannah, leaving home Wednesday morning and arriving in Savannah in time for a late dinner. We stayed through Saturday morning and had such fun in that beautiful city!
Jessica had recommended taking one of the many trolley tours of the historical district. We did that on Thursday and it was a great way to learn more about the history of the city and get familiar with the layout. The great thing was, you just buy your ticket and you can get on and off at however many stops you choose during that day. By Friday we knew our way around and were able to go back and visit anything we hadn't had a chance to on Thursday.

We ate so GOOD in Savannah! Every restaurant was a new and wonderful dining experience.

The kids all had to share a full sized bed. They did pretty well all things considered. I did have to take a quick picture the night I woke up and found them like this!
One of my favorite things was just seeing all the old historical homes and the squares that Savannah was designed around. I think I could share it's entire history with you now. This sort of thing totally geeks Mike and I out, so we were in our glory!

Comments